Student Loan Forgiveness Applications Now Being Accepted From Family Doctors And Nurses Working In Rural Communities
GATINEAU, QC, April 28, 2013 /CNW/ - The Harper Government today announced that family doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners and family medicine residents in more than 4 200 rural communities across Canada can now apply for Canada Student Loan forgiveness. The announcement was made by the Honourable Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development.
"By offering Canada Student Loan forgiveness, we're doing our part to encourage health care professionals to serve Canadians in rural and remote communities where they are needed to improve access to primary care," said Minister Finley. "This initiative is part of our Government's commitment to strengthen health care for all Canadians."
Student loan forgiveness is available for up to five years for work in designated communities, which are communities with an urban core population of less than 50 000, outside of provincial capitals. Employment must have started on or after July 1, 2011. This initiative applies to the federal portion of Canada Student Loans. Applications and information are available on CanLearn.ca.
Nurses and nurse practitioners could receive up to
$4,000 per year in
Canada Student Loan forgiveness, to a maximum of
$20,000 over five years. Family doctors and residents in family medicine could receive up to
$8,000 per year, to a maximum of
$40,000 over five years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV