Wendy's Surprised American University Students With The Freshest Deals In Town At SELF Magazine's Workout In The Park Event
DUBLIN, Ohio, April 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for salads season, Wendy's is sponsoring SELF Magazine's Workout in the Park events to delight consumers with the freshest deals in town. Wendy's is the first national restaurant chain to sponsor the event, which is celebrating its 20 th anniversary.
SELF Magazine's Workout in the Park made its first stop at American University (AU) in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, April 27, where Wendy's shared its best-kept secrets in salads with AU students, such as hand-leafing and chopping whole heads of fresh romaine every day rather than using bagged romaine lettuce, and serving warm chicken breast, grilled and hand-chopped right in Wendy's kitchens – unlike other cafe-like places that serve it cold and pre-bagged at a factory.
At the Washington, D.C. event, Wendy's provided AU students with:
- On-Site Salad Preparation and Sampling: Students' cravings for fresh ingredients were satisfied with FREE samples of half-sized portions of the popular Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, and FREE $5 gift cards to sample any of Wendy's Garden Sensations ® Salads in restaurants.
- Interactive Q&A with a Registered Dietitian: Tara Gidus, registered dietitian and nationally recognized expert and spokesperson on nutrition, fitness, and health, was available to educate students on Wendy's and provide her own secrets for creating and choosing the perfect summer salad.
- Instaprint Snapshots: Students who uploaded pictures on Instagram® using the hashtag #NowThatsFresh were able to instantly print and pick up their captured moment at the Wendy's tent, giving attendees a modern day photo booth!
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts