SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt., April 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today more than 250 local Comcast Vermont employees and their families and friends will "make change happen" as they volunteer to improve five sites across the state as part of Comcast's 12 th Comcast Cares Day.
Comcast Cares Day is Comcast and NBCUniversal's signature day of service and the nation's largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. Today Connecticut volunteers will roll their sleeves up at sites in Brattleboro, Burlington, Rutland, Saint Albans and White River Junction.
This year the Company expects more than 70,000 Comcast volunteers to participate in over 700 projects across the country and internationally. Comcast Cares Day will also go international for the first time with NBCUniversal managing sites in England, France, Germany and New Zealand. Comcast also expects to achieve another important milestone of 3 million volunteer hours and half a million volunteers since Comcast Cares Day started in 2001.
"We're so honored to partner with local Vermont nonprofit organizations to work together to improve our community during our 12 th Comcast Cares Day," said Mary McLaughlin, Comcast Senior Vice President of the Western New England Region, which includes Vermont "The hard work of the 250 Vermont volunteers who will be donating their time to help make such a big difference in the lives of others is inspiring, and I am thankful to all of our participants who are helping to make today a success."The Comcast Cares Day 2013 Vermont community partners and projects include the following:
- Brattleboro Boys & Girls Club –variety of painting, masonry and revitalization projects
- Outright Vermont ( Burlington) – indoor and outdoor beatification, including cleaning, landscaping, organizing and painting
- Rutland County Parent Child Center – new playground assembly, landscaping, clean up and improvement projects
- Samaritan House ( Saint Albans)- cleaning, painting and landscaping
- Upper Valley Haven ( White River Junction) – landscaping and mulching, cleaning, painting, stocking and organizing food pantry shelves, and sorting clothes donations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts