President Obama Slams Personhood USA, Calls Personhood "absurd"
WASHINGTON, April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Effectively stating that he does not believe that all human beings are people, President Obama called Personhood USA and Personhood Mississippi's personhood amendment "absurd" when speaking at a Planned Parenthood gala earlier today.
"The personhood amendment only says that every human being is a person. Far from absurd, it is only reasonable to recognize every single human being as a person," commented Jennifer Mason, Personhood USA spokesperson.
President Obama did not mention the ongoing trial of Kermit Gosnell, a Philadelphia abortionist who has been charged with murder and accused of severing the spinal cords of second- and third-trimester babies born alive at his abortion clinic.
President Obama vigorously opposed Illinois' Born Alive Infant Protection act as an Illinois Senator in 2001, 2002, and 2003. Likewise, Planned Parenthood recently stated that if a baby is born alive after surviving an abortion, the decision of whether or not to kill the newborn "should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," seemingly blessing Gosnell's post-birth violent killings.According to CNN, Obama also stated that the 2011 Mississippi personhood amendment was an "assault on women's rights." Mason concluded: "Particularly in light of recent tragedies our country has suffered, it seems grossly unnecessary for President Obama to raise funds for Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood receives over $542 million of taxpayer dollars every year and has reported over one billion dollars in revenue for several years running. They are the largest and wealthiest abortion provider in our nation, and President Obama's appearance at the gala was sure to generate additional revenue. That seems truly absurd."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV