LACEY, Wash., April 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Anchor Bancorp (Nasdaq:ANCB) ("Company"), the holding company for Anchor Bank ("Bank"), today reported third quarter earnings for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2013. For the quarter ended March 31, 2013, the Company reported net income of $55,000 or $0.02 per diluted share, compared to a net income of $223,000 or $0.09 per diluted share for the same period last year. For the nine months ended March 31, 2013, the Company reported net income of $558,000 or $0.23 diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1.4 million or $0.57 diluted share for the same period last year.
"Our year-over-year earnings improved as a result of the continued improvement in our credit quality. Non-performing loans decreased $1.7 million from June 30, 2012 to March 31, 2013. Our total noninterest expense decreased $466,000 as compared to the quarter ended March 31, 2012 and decreased $3.4 million as compared to the nine months ended March 31, 2012. These decreases were due to our ongoing commitment to improve our asset quality as we significantly reduced real estate owned related expenses by aggressively disposing of properties as the real estate market stabilizes. We also benefitted from a reduction in technology expenses as a result of our new core processing system. During the quarter we closed a Wal-Mart branch, located in Chehalis, Washington, which resulted in a one-time charge of $97,000. We will continue to provide services to the Chehalis customers through our Centralia branch," stated Jerald L. Shaw, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Fiscal Third Quarter Highlights
- Total classified loans decreased $2.4 million or 7.3% to $30.4 million at March 31, 2013 from $32.8 million at June 30, 2012;
- Net interest margin increased 25 basis points to 3.72% for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 from 3.47% for the quarter ended March 31, 2012;
- Total non-performing loans decreased by $1.7 million or 19.4% to $7.0 million at March 31, 2013 from $8.7 million at June 30, 2012; and
- Provision for loan losses declined to $225,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 compared to $300,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV