Regence, Adventist Health Announce Next Step In Collaborative Care Initiatives
PORTLAND, Ore., April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon and Adventist Health have taken another step in advancing the health of patients and their experience with the Adventist health care system. Regence and Adventist are collaborating on an innovative payment model to deliver better health outcomes and lower health care costs. This is Regence's first accountable health care initiative in Oregon and one of many arrangements in development within the Regence family of companies in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Utah.
The program with Adventist Health's physicians includes a shared incentive arrangement in which Adventist Health and Regence will work together to share data and measure quality in an effort to improve health care outcomes for Regence members cared for at Adventist Health.
"Regence is committed to transforming the health care system through innovative collaborative care programs," said Richard Popiel, M.D., executive vice president of Health Care Services and chief medical officer for Regence. "Adventist Health is a strong partner, who invests in population health to meet the Triple Aim goals of improving the experience of care, improving the health of populations, and reducing per-capita costs of health care. It is exciting to be working with a partner deeply committed to the care of its patients."
This new initiative is part of a suite of innovative reimbursement models offered by Regence to address the quality and affordability of health care services for its members. Since 2007, Regence has worked with providers and employers throughout its four-state region to implement collaborative care models, including the Intensive Outpatient Care Program (IOCP) in Washington. The IOCP was a pilot program between Regence BlueShield in Washington and one of its large customers that demonstrated the following positive results as reported by an independent third party vendor:
- Per-capita spending on health care was reduced by 20 percent
- Physical and mental functioning ability increased almost 15 percent
- Access to health care increased almost 18 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV