HMS Holdings ( HMSY) provides health care cost-containment and payment-accuracy services to government-sponsored health programs in the U.S. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $24.82 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.97 million
Average Volume: 812,905
Volume % Change: 221%
From a technical perspective, HMSY is ripping higher here after it broke below some key near-term support at $23.09 and then reversed with above-average volume. This stock has been downtrending badly for the last two months with shares moving lower from its high of $31.93 to its intraday low of $22.23. During that move, shares of HMSY have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of HMSY are now rebounding with heavy upside volume and the stock could be ready to reverse its recent downtrend.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in HMSY as long as it's trending above $24 and then once it sustains a move or close above $25 with volume that hits near or above 812,905 shares. If we get that move soon, then HMSY will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 50-day of $27.59 or its 200-day at $28.65. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Madison, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV