April 26, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines has awarded
to employees across the company for excellence in customer service as part of the company's Outperform Recognition Program. The company held a celebration on Thursday at A.B. Won Pat International Airport on Guam. This is the second program recognition event.
, the Outperform Recognition Program invites eligible customers who are MileagePlus members to nominate eligible employees for service at the airport, on the phone, on a flight, or at any other point in their experience with United and United Express. Employees from all work groups, including pilots, flight attendants, ramp and customer service employees, may be nominated.
The airline randomly selected 16 winning employees from more than 5,200 customer nominations submitted during the three-month nomination period of the program from October through
"I am excited to continue recognizing and rewarding our co-workers who delivered excellent service to our customers. It's our job to provide our customers with the best experience possible when they're traveling with us," said
, United's managing director, Airports – Americas,
and EMEA, who attended the celebration event in
to present the grand prize to the winning employee and an award to the customer who nominated her. "More than 5,200 employees around the system were nominated by our customers for their outstanding service during the period, and I am very proud to be part of this great team."
-based Airport Service Agent, won the Grand Prize of
in cash for service she provided to customer
airport last fall.
"Mayflor was very helpful, pleasant and made me feel like I was important," said
. "I had to make changes to my travel and add another itinerary for a family member in the U.S. and she responded, 'You can make as many changes as you need, I'm here to help you and get you where you need to go, how can I help you?' Mayflor is an excellent example of our island spirit and represents the warm hospitality. She made me feel valued. I am grateful for the program that provides an opportunity for customers to recognize excellent customer service. It's because of the service that I receive from the moment I pick up the phone to make my reservations, checking in at the airport and on the airplane, that United continues to be my airline of choice for all my travel."
Click here to download a high-resolution photo of the Grand Prize winning employee and customer.
For submitting the winning Grand Prize nomination, the airline awarded
with a voucher for two round-trip tickets valid for international travel to anywhere United flies. Other customers who submitted winning nominations received frequent flyer mileage awards.
The following employees also demonstrated outstanding customer service and received cash prizes:
- $25,000 to Patty P., lead United Club representative from Houston
- $10,000 to Jing-Rung (Jean) L., flight attendant from Tokyo
- $5,000 to Francesca D., flight attendant from Newark
- $5,000 to Gina M., reservations agent from Detroit
- $5,000 to Holly D., flight attendant from Houston
- $2,500 to Laurie W., flight attendant from Houston
- $2,500 to Sally W., customer service representative from Chicago
- $2,500 to Janice H., sales account manager from Greensboro, North Carolina
- $2,500 to Paula P., flight attendant from San Francisco
- $2,500 to Jennifer B., customer service representative from Cleveland
- $2,500 to Dusty C., flight attendant from Seattle
- $2,500 to Maria M., flight attendant from Newark
- $2,500 to Melody G., flight attendant from Denver
- $2,500 to Debbie B., United Express flight attendant from Houston
- $2,500 to Maree S., flight attendant from Los Angeles
Below is a sample of comments that customers submitted about the winning employees:
- "She provided fabulous service on flight 1425. She was customer oriented with a 'can do' attitude, friendly, team player; a real role model."
- "I was traveling with a broken foot, cast, and crutches. Paula went out of her way to offer help and made sure I had a wheelchair waiting for me upon landing. Paula made my travel experience much more tolerable due to her kind heart and attention to guest needs. Thanks Paula!! You deserve to be recognized!"
- "Sally has continued to go above and beyond all the years I have known her, and all the years I have been with Global Services."
- "I enjoyed observing the fine teamwork of the flight attendants in my section. They made passengers feel special."
- "Long delay could have been a problem; this charming flight attendant kept it calm and tension free. Great Job!"
The current Outperform Recognition Program nomination period runs from
Apr. 2 through June 30, 2013
For more information on the program, including the Official Rules and eligibility requirements, customers can visit
. Customers can nominate employees using United's mobile app, United.com, Unitedhub.com, as well as United's Facebook page.
The Outperform Recognition Program builds on the airline's additional employee reward and recognition programs, such as awarding cash payouts for meeting on-time performance goals. Employees can also win brand new cars for achieving perfect attendance.