3. As of noon trading, Ingersoll-Rand ( IR) is down $1.04 (-1.9%) to $53.74 on average volume Thus far, 868,013 shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.74-$54.90 after having opened the day at $54.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.79. Ingersoll-Rand plc engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of a diverse portfolio of industrial and commercial products in the United States and internationally. Ingersoll-Rand has a market cap of $16.1 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Ingersoll-Rand as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts