3. As of noon trading, VeriSign ( VRSN) is down $2.11 (-4.6%) to $43.99 on heavy volume Thus far, 3.3 million shares of VeriSign exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.30-$46.50 after having opened the day at $46.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.10. VeriSign, Inc. provides Internet infrastructure services worldwide. It offers registry services that operate the authoritative directory of .com, .net, .cc, .tv, and .name domain names, as well as the back-end systems for various .gov, .jobs, and .edu domain names. VeriSign has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates VeriSign as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full VeriSign Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts