Energy Industry Comes Together For WellChild Charity At 10th Annual Energy Dinner
LONDON, April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In a setting befitting a futuristic film, members of London's energy community gathered Thursday night for the annual Platts-sponsored Energy Dinner in support of WellChild, the U.K. national organisation for sick children and one of patron Prince Harry's six favourite charities. The dinner raised approximately £130,000* in support of WellChild.
"We'd like to thank the energy industry for coming out in force last night and across the years to the Energy Dinner in support of this important charity," said Sarah Cottle, editorial director of power for Europe and Asia at Platts, the energy information arm of The McGraw-Hill Companies and Dinner sponsor since 2004. "We're proud to announce that monies raised during the event's first decade total nearly £1.5 million, providing much needed support to WellChild and the children and families it helps."
Each year the aim is to make the dinner an uplifting, out-of-this world experience, and this year's theme transported guests to future. The Intercontinental Park Lane ballroom was cloaked in black and white, with bright stars and green lasers adding to the evening's mystique. Greeters dressed as Jedi knights welcomed the approximately 500 guests, including patrons from such companies as Barclays Capital, Centrica, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Ernst & Young, HETCO, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and RWE, among others.
All proceeds from the Energy Dinner will support WellChild's wide-ranging initiatives, including: research; its specialist WellChild Nursing teams that care for children with complex care needs in and out of hospital; and the WellChild Helping Hands endeavor, a program of volunteers that tackles home re-design development projects necessary to facilitate any special needs of critically-ill children returning home from hospital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV