LAKEVILLE, Conn., April 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Salisbury Bancorp, Inc. ("Salisbury"), (Nasdaq:SAL), the holding company for Salisbury Bank and Trust Company (the "Bank"), announced results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Selected first quarter 2013 highlights
Net income available to common shareholders was $900,000, or $0.53 per common share, for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013 (first quarter 2013), compared with $531,000, or $0.31 per common share, for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012 (fourth quarter 2012), and $1,167,000, or $0.69 per common share, for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 (first quarter 2012).
- Earnings per common share of $0.53 increased $0.22 versus fourth quarter 2012, and decreased $0.16, versus first quarter 2012.
- The net interest margin increased 22 basis points versus fourth quarter 2012 and remained the same as first quarter 2012 at 3.54%.
- Tax equivalent net interest income increased $194,000, or 4%, versus fourth quarter 2012, and decreased $59,000, or 1%, versus first quarter 2012.
- Provision for loan losses was $396,000, versus $380,000 for fourth quarter 2012 and $180,000 for first quarter 2012. Net loan charge-offs were $70,000, versus $199,000 for fourth quarter 2012 and $90,000 for first quarter 2012.
- Non-interest income decreased $252,000, or 13%, versus fourth quarter 2012 and decreased $34,000, or 2%, versus first quarter 2012.
- Non-interest expense decreased $629,000, or 12%, versus fourth quarter 2012 and increased $205,000, or 5%, versus first quarter 2012.
- Net loans receivable increased $17.5 million or 4.5% during the first calendar quarter of 2013 to $406 million, which reflected an increase of $34.5 million or 9% from the end of the first quarter of 2012.
- Non-performing assets decreased $807,000, or 8%, to $9.3 million, or 1.6% of total assets, versus fourth quarter 2012 and increased $1.7 million versus first quarter 2012. Accruing loans receivable 30-to-89 days past due decreased $911,000 to $4.7 million, or 1.15% of gross loans receivable, versus fourth quarter 2012 and increased $538,000 versus first quarter 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV