Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Corporate earnings still continue to drive the markets, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Friday. Cramer said the rule of thumb remains that domestic companies are good while those selling overseas are bad, and those that execute well are rewarded even more.
That's why on Monday, Cramer said he'll be watching Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), which has been a solid domestic performer, while staying away from Masco (MAS), which gets a quarter of its sales from overseas.
Executive Decision: Nick AkinsIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Nick Akins, president and CEO of American Electric Power (AEP), a utility that delivered a one cent-a-share earnings miss but reaffirmed the company's full-year guidance. American Electric Power shares are up 12% since Cramer last spoke with Akins in February. When asked why AEP hasn't already switched from dirty coal to cleaner, renewable alternatives, Akins explained his company has made a massive investment over the past 106 years and that means things can't be changed on a dime. He said power plants are long-lead-time projects and can't move as quickly as many environmentalists may like. Akins said that with coal mining occurring throughout a large part of AEP's footprint, coal will continue to be a part of the company's fuel mix for the foreseeable future. However, that doesn't mean AEP isn't making changes to be more environmentally friendly. He said his company has a long history of innovation and has some of the cleanest, highest efficiency coal plants in the country. AEP is also switching from coal to natural gas where it can, which also helps lower greenhouse gas emissions across the board.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV