DineEquity (NYSE: DIN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.30%. DineEquity, Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, franchises, and operates full-service restaurant chains in the United States and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.52. The average volume for DineEquity has been 181,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. DineEquity has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the leisure industry. Shares are up 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates DineEquity as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DIN's share price has jumped by 44.51%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for DINEEQUITY INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.50%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.86% trails the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 34.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, DINEEQUITY INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full DineEquity Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts