BETHESDA, Md., April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) continues to meet and exceed established sustainability goals as outlined in its 2012 Corporate Sustainability Report, released yesterday.
"We are committed to creating sustainable value for all of our stakeholders," said Chief Executive Officer and President Marillyn A. Hewson. "From energy conservation and waste reduction to community outreach and diversity and inclusion, we are integrating sustainability into the fabric of our culture to make Lockheed Martin a stronger, more responsible and more successful business."
The 2012 Corporate Sustainability Report highlights:
- Innovation for Conservation: The Corporation has innovated products for the land, sea, air and space that are smaller, lighter and use less power.
- Less Wasteful Packaging: To reduce the cost and labor involved in making and shipping canopies for F-35 fighter jets, the company successfully developed and implemented a reusable container for packaging, receiving and shipping parts.
- Reduced Consumption: Simply by using less electricity, natural gas and water, the company reduced consumption costs by more than $20 million in 2012 compared to 2007—savings that were reinvested in the business.
- Supplier Support: For the third year in a row, Lockheed Martin earned an "outstanding" rating from the Defense Contract Management Agency for its support of small and diverse suppliers.
- Smart Energy Management: Lockheed Martin delivered $54 million in energy savings incentives to utility customers and developed electrical generator systems that use dramatically less fuel for military customers.
- "Greener" Operations: The Corporation has reduced carbon emissions by more than 450,000 metric tons since 2007—the equivalent of taking almost 100,000 cars off the road.
- Water Conservation: Since 2007, Lockheed Martin has cut water usage by more than 700 million gallons—enough to fill an estimated 1,100 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- Employee Volunteerism: In 2012, Lockheed Martin employees volunteered more than one million hours to help strengthen communities where they live and work.
- An Inclusive Workplace: Lockheed Martin was named a "Best Place to Work" by the Human Rights Campaign and received a "100" rating in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index—a national benchmarking tool used to evaluate corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender employees.
This is the second year that Lockheed Martin has published a comprehensive Sustainability Report. In 2012, Lockheed Martin established the Office of Corporate Sustainability to integrate business decision-making affecting all stakeholders. The company also integrated the Global Reporting Initiative framework in sustainability reporting efforts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV