- Innovation for Conservation: The Corporation has innovated products for the land, sea, air and space that are smaller, lighter and use less power.
- Less Wasteful Packaging: To reduce the cost and labor involved in making and shipping canopies for F-35 fighter jets, the company successfully developed and implemented a reusable container for packaging, receiving and shipping parts.
- Reduced Consumption: Simply by using less electricity, natural gas and water, the company reduced consumption costs by more than $20 million in 2012 compared to 2007—savings that were reinvested in the business.
- Supplier Support: For the third year in a row, Lockheed Martin earned an "outstanding" rating from the Defense Contract Management Agency for its support of small and diverse suppliers.
- Smart Energy Management: Lockheed Martin delivered $54 million in energy savings incentives to utility customers and developed electrical generator systems that use dramatically less fuel for military customers.
- "Greener" Operations: The Corporation has reduced carbon emissions by more than 450,000 metric tons since 2007—the equivalent of taking almost 100,000 cars off the road.
- Water Conservation: Since 2007, Lockheed Martin has cut water usage by more than 700 million gallons—enough to fill an estimated 1,100 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- Employee Volunteerism: In 2012, Lockheed Martin employees volunteered more than one million hours to help strengthen communities where they live and work.
- An Inclusive Workplace: Lockheed Martin was named a "Best Place to Work" by the Human Rights Campaign and received a "100" rating in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index—a national benchmarking tool used to evaluate corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender employees.
Lockheed Martin Cites Progress In Sustainability
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts