OpenText Cited for its Large Portfolio of Smart Process Apps and Strengths in Multichannel Capture, Content Management, and Document Output
WATERLOO, ON, April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced that industry analyst firm, Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR), has recognized OpenText as one of 12 Smart Process App vendors that matter most today. In The Forrester Wave™: Smart Process Applications, Q2 2013 report, Forrester describes the core functional requirements for Smart Process Applications as including Business Process Management (BPM), Content Management, Content Capture and Distribution, Collaboration, and Analytics. Forrester evaluated 12 vendors on their ability to provide this broad suite of technologies along with the strategic vision for automating the complex, dynamic, and people-oriented processes that most organizations must deal with.
"Smart Process Applications are a new and emerging category of applications designed to help CIOs and their firms improve the effectiveness of their human-centric business activities," 1 stated Andrew Bartels, vice president, principal analyst at Forrester Research, Inc. in the report. Referencing the strong growth projections for the market in his inaugural report on Smart Process Applications, Bartels wrote, "Business Process Management suites - which we think will be renamed smart process platforms - will have steadier growth of 15% or so from 2012 to 2015." 2
OpenText received a leader position through the rankings of its current offering, strategy, and market presence - it was given top scores in both the packaged solutions for cross-industry and planned enhancements categories. OpenText Smart Process Applications provide out-of-the-box building blocks from several of OpenText's core EIM pillars, including Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Content Management (ECM), and Customer Experience Management (CEM).PSCU, the nation's leading provider of traditional and online client-focused services to credit unions, is reaping the benefits of deploying OpenText Assure, a Smart Process Application designed to optimize process interactions, enable easy collaboration, and increase transparency all while boosting productivity and saving money. "Our business needed a new generation of flexible, adaptable apps that could address the manual and unpredictable processes and collaborative activities that are central to our operations," said Daniel Rosen, senior director of process excellence. "OpenText Smart Process Applications are helping us accelerate innovation of new services we deliver to our customers that are supporting the growth of our enterprise." "Our positioning in Forrester's 2013 Smart Process Applications Wave report further validates for us OpenText's leadership in the EIM market and its success in delivering the highest value to our clients," said OpenText Chief Marketing Officer Kevin Cochrane. "Our forward-thinking approach to spearheading the development of Smart Process Applications has resulted in a solution that supports the pace of innovation today's businesses and their customers expect. By broadening our platform and developing deep levels of cross-product integration, we are providing our customers with the market's most powerful EIM solutions for a more connected and productive workforce." Download a complimentary copy of The Forrester Wave™: Smart Process Applications, Q2 2013 report today! OpenText Continues Status as a Leader in EIM Market In addition to being positioned as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Smart Process Applications, Q2 2013 report, the highly regarded industry analyst firm has recognized OpenText as a leader in other recent Wave reports focused on Digital Asset Management DAM, Multichannel Capture, Web Content Management WCM, and Enterprise Content Management (ECM), further supporting OpenText's EIM strategy and product strength.
- In The Forrester Wave™: Digital Asset Management For Customer Experience, Q2 2012 report, authored by Stephen Powers and Anjali Yakkundi with Dave West and Shannon Coyne, OpenText was among the select companies recognized for its impressive functionality and emerging Customer Experience Management (CEM) strategy.
- In The Forrester Wave™: Multichannel Capture, Q3 2012 report, authored by Alan Weintraub and Craig Le Clair, OpenText was one of eight multichannel capture vendors highlighted for its strength and focus in offering comprehensive enterprise capture software solutions capable of integrating with other business applications.
- In The Forrester Wave™: Web Content Management for Digital Customer Experience, Q2 2013 report, authored by Stephen Powers and David Aponovich, OpenText was identified as one of ten Web Content Management (WCM) vendors that represent the strongest the market has to offer within its client base in terms of stability, functionality, and experience providing a primary enterprise WCM product.
- In The Forrester WaveTM: Enterprise Content Management, Q4 2011 report, authored by Alan Weintraub, OpenText was identified as one of the vendors that leads the pack for its ability to address all four content-centric technology areas consisting of foundational, business, transactional, and persuasive.
- Read the Because Process Matters blog
- View the on-demand webinar on Smart Process Applications featuring Forrester VP & Principal Analyst, Craig Le Clair
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- Come meet with us in person at our upcoming OpenText EIM Days
- Follow OpenText on Twitter @opentext and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/opentext
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts