WALTHAM, Mass., April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) and Student Veterans of America (SVA) launched a new scholarship program for student veterans who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in science, technology, engineering or math. Three student veterans -- who are enrolled in a STEM degree program and have demonstrated leadership in their local communities -- will each be awarded a $10,000 scholarship, for a total commitment of $30,000 in scholarships. Applications are now being accepted through July 12, 2013.
"Student veterans have the potential to usher in a new generation of American progress and to address some of our nation's most pressing needs, especially in the STEM fields," said Michael Dakduk, executive director of Student Veterans of America. "Our partnership with Raytheon supports the professionals who are well equipped to answer the challenges of tomorrow."
Raytheon and SVA joined forces in November 2012 with a shared mission to provide military veterans with the resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education. Such empowerment helps our nation's warfighters find success in their civilian lives, developing a generation of professionals who already understand the importance of leadership, discipline and perseverance.
The scholarships will be funded from a $50,000 grant Raytheon previously presented to SVA. This grant will also fund:
- Support for the Leadership Institute Series, which provides training to SVA chapter leaders aimed at improving peer support for student veterans.
- Launch of the Student Veterans Outcomes Project, an effort to track the graduation rates of student veterans on campuses nationwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV