BEIJING, April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. ("UTStarcom" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: UTSI), a leading provider of media operational support services and broadband equipment products and services, today announced that a special committee of independent directors of the Company's board of directors (the "Special Committee") has selected Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as its financial advisor.
As previously announced, the Company's board of directors formed the Special Committee to consider a "going-private" transaction (the "Transaction") for $3.20 in cash per ordinary share, proposed by one of the directors of the Company, Mr. Hong Liang Lu and his affiliates, and Shah Capital Opportunity Fund LP and Himanshu H. Shah, in a preliminary non-binding proposal letter, dated March 27, 2013.
Citigroup Global Markets Inc. will assist the Special Committee in its work in connection with the Transaction. No decisions have been made by the Special Committee with respect to the Company's response to the Transaction. There can be no assurance that any definitive offer will be made, that any agreement will be executed or that this or any other transaction will be approved or consummated. The Company does not undertake any obligation to provide any updates with respect to this or any other transaction, except as required under applicable law.
About UTStarcom Holdings Corp.UTStarcom is focused on providing next generation media operational support services in the rapidly growing markets for TV over IP services and broadband equipment products and services. UTStarcom is committed to meeting the evolving needs of cable and broadband service providers to enable a more personalized entertainment experience. The Company sells its media operational support services and broadband equipment products and services to operators in both emerging and established broadband and cable markets around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV