5 Worst Cities for Spring Allergy Sufferers
No. 1 worst springtime-allergy city: Jackson, Miss.
Spring allergy score: 100
Mississippi's state capital is this year's U.S. capital for springtime allergies, too.
Jackson placed fourth in the AAFA's 2012 study, but Tringale says the city moved up to No. 1 this year "due to very high pollen and allergy-medication indices. Both are significantly higher there than in other cities."Located in southwest Mississippi, Jackson has particularly bad problems with pollen from red cedar, hackberry, elm, willow and poplar trees. That said, the 539,000-population metro area does enjoy an above-average ratio of board-certified allergists to patients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV