5 Worst Cities for Spring Allergy Sufferers
Second-worst springtime-allergy city: Knoxville, Tenn.
Spring allergy score: 99.62
Knoxville has historically had some of the nation's worst springtime allergy problems, coming in first place in the AAFA's study last year and in many previous years as well.
"Knoxville is no stranger to the No. 1 spot in our rankings," Tringale says. "In fact, I'm always surprised when it's not in first place."The 848,000-person metro area suffers from above-average pollen counts, with red cedar, hackberry, elm, willow and poplar trees especially causing problems. Located just 110 miles from Chattanooga, K-Town also has above-average spring usage of allergy medicines. Its only saving grace for allergy sufferers is that Knoxville enjoys an above-average ratio of allergists to patients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV