5 Worst Cities for Spring Allergy Sufferers
Third-worst springtime-allergy city: Chattanooga, Tenn.
Spring allergy score: 94.41
Move to Chattanooga and you can expect your breathing to sound like a choo-choo this time of year if you have springtime allergies.
That's because the 530,000-person metro area has worse-than-average springtime pollen counts, with lots of allergens from red cedar, hackberry, elm, willow and poplar trees. The south Tennessee city also has higher-than-average allergy-medication consumption this time of year."Chattanooga has the exact same story we see in many cities with bad springtime allergies -- very high pollen counts and very high medication usage," Tringale says. On the upside, the Scenic City does enjoy an above-average ratio of allergists to patients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV