BELLEVUE, Wash., April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia.com®, the world's largest online travel agency, today announced that it will be a presenting sponsor at the 2013 National Film Festival for Talented Youth (NFFTY), the premier showcase of the best young directors – aged 22 and younger – from around the world. NFFTY is a festival put on by The Talented Youth, a non-profit organization founded in 2007. The 2013 NFFTY festival is taking place in Seattle, Washington, from April 25 through April 28, 2013.
Since Expedia and NFFTY's inaugural partnership in 2012, the relationship continues to evolve. On opening night, Vic Walia, Senior Director of brand marketing at Expedia.com will announce the company's role this year. Expedia and NFFTY have selected five filmmakers to create 30 and 60-second "Find Yours" videos, a series of stories as part of Expedia's broader campaign to demonstrate that every trip is unique, thereby putting personal relevance and emotion back into the travel space. The names of the filmmakers and the film titles are listed below.
- Ashton Kennedy: " Find Your Friendships"
- Gigi Saul Guerrero: " Find Your Second Chance"
- Joel McCarthy: " Find Your New Memories"
- Sean Drummond: " Find Your Awakening"
- Zack Bernstein: " Find Your Love"
"We believe that travel perfectly lends itself to great story telling" said Vic Walia, Sr. Director of brand marketing at Expedia. "Along with the NFFTY organization, we selected five talented filmmakers, who we believe can best showcase the transformative nature of travel. I am proud of the work and think it really complements the Expedia "find yours" TV advertising campaign."Each of the filmmakers will be considered to potentially create an Expedia " Find Yours" commercial. Expedia encourages viewers to visit Expedia's redesigned YouTube page April 25 – May 10 to show their support and vote for their favorite NFFTY "Find Yours" film. For this year's NFFTY festival, Expedia provided a travel fund for those who otherwise would not be able to attend. Thus far, Expedia has funded festival attendance for six people, traveling from as far away as South Africa, Norway, Greece and India. Jesse Harris, the Artistic Director and Founder of NFFTY, said, "We are so excited to be working with Expedia again for this year's festival. Expedia has gifted travel to many talented filmmakers that wouldn't otherwise have been able to join us. We look forward to seeing what the filmmakers have put together for Expedia this year." For more information about the Expedia Film Contest, please visit the Expedia media room or NFFTY, and be sure to follow along on Twitter @Expedia or #ExpediaNFFTY.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV