FALLS CHURCH, Va., April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has been ranked 29th on DiversityInc's annual list for the Top 50 Companies for Diversity, a jump of 13 spots from last year's ranking of 42.
The DiversityInc Top 50 list includes companies from a wide range of industries whose leadership, procurement practices, communications and training best reflect the reality of the rapidly changing face of America, according to DiversityInc. The full list can be found at www.DiversityInc.com/top50.
"Northrop Grumman's increasing emphasis on talent development has paid off with human-capital results. The company's top level [CEO and direct reports] has 70 percent more women than the DiversityInc Top 50 average," said DiversityInc CEO Luke Visconti."I'm delighted that we increased our ranking on this list, demonstrating that our companywide focus on the importance of diversity and inclusion continues to propel our company to top performance," said Sandra Evers-Manly, vice president, corporate responsibility, Northrop Grumman, and president, Northrop Grumman Foundation. "We strongly believe that creating a workplace that values diversity and inclusion is fundamental to generating innovation, increasing productivity, boosting engagement and improving profitability. Our customers count on us to provide affordable and innovative solutions to their most vexing problems, and our diverse, engaged and skilled workforce allows us to meet this challenge." Northrop Grumman's progress on diversity and inclusion is tied to leadership performance. Other initiatives to expand diversity and inclusion include:
- Employee resource groups (ERGs) – Volunteer groups of employees who provide opportunities for networking, community outreach, professional development and recruiting. In 2012, more than 14,000 Northrop Grumman employees engaged in ERGs. The groups are involved in all aspects of the business such as initiating science, technology, engineering and math projects in K-12, helping create Web-based accessibility initiatives for people with disabilities, and supporting veterans programs.
- Northrop Grumman Women's Conference – A two-day annual internal conference that includes senior leadership speakers and nationally known external presenters addressing leadership, development and work-life balance.
- Supplier Diversity – The company works to connect small disadvantaged businesses with the company's procurement organizations. Northrop Grumman has received many awards for its supplier diversity efforts. In 2012, they included the Chairman's Historical Corporation of the Year Award by the Latin Business Association; the Outstanding Corporate Supplier Diversity Award from the National Minority Business Council; and Supplier Diversity Corporation of the Year from the U.S. Business Leadership Network.
- Operation IMPACT – A Northrop Grumman program that provides career transition support and employment to service members severely injured in combat. The program has helped 108 returning service personnel and their family members join the company.
- Support for people with disabilities, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals – Northrop Grumman is committed to supporting initiatives on accessibility, accommodations, transition support and assistance by having allies at work. This year the company received the Private Sector Employer of the Year award as voted by readers of Careers and Disabled magazine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV