- Employee resource groups (ERGs) – Volunteer groups of employees who provide opportunities for networking, community outreach, professional development and recruiting. In 2012, more than 14,000 Northrop Grumman employees engaged in ERGs. The groups are involved in all aspects of the business such as initiating science, technology, engineering and math projects in K-12, helping create Web-based accessibility initiatives for people with disabilities, and supporting veterans programs.
- Northrop Grumman Women's Conference – A two-day annual internal conference that includes senior leadership speakers and nationally known external presenters addressing leadership, development and work-life balance.
- Supplier Diversity – The company works to connect small disadvantaged businesses with the company's procurement organizations. Northrop Grumman has received many awards for its supplier diversity efforts. In 2012, they included the Chairman's Historical Corporation of the Year Award by the Latin Business Association; the Outstanding Corporate Supplier Diversity Award from the National Minority Business Council; and Supplier Diversity Corporation of the Year from the U.S. Business Leadership Network.
- Operation IMPACT – A Northrop Grumman program that provides career transition support and employment to service members severely injured in combat. The program has helped 108 returning service personnel and their family members join the company.
- Support for people with disabilities, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals – Northrop Grumman is committed to supporting initiatives on accessibility, accommodations, transition support and assistance by having allies at work. This year the company received the Private Sector Employer of the Year award as voted by readers of Careers and Disabled magazine.
Northrop Grumman Moves Up To 29th On DiversityInc's 2013 Top 50 Companies For Diversity List
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts