Now, that's a good if not great story on its own, but there could be more to it. The simple math of high commodity prices multiplied by greater acreage means good things for farm income.
Add to this the rebound in construction via the housing market and the prospects for Deere and CNH both look promising. One final note, per commentary from Deere on ag industry March retail sales, the sales and inventory figures paint the picture of an improving landscape for ag equipment sales.
While one month does not make a trend, a number of other supporting data points make these two companies worth looking at.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV