HOUSTON, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) announced that at its annual meeting today, its shareholders:
- Elected Milton Carroll, Michael P. Johnson, Janiece M. Longoria, David M. McClanahan, Susan O. Rheney, R.A. Walker and Peter S. Wareing to serve on the company's board of directors for one-year terms;
- Ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the company's independent auditors for 2013; and
- Approved the advisory resolution on the compensation paid to the company's named executive officers as disclosed in the proxy statement.
Donald R. Campbell, O. Holcombe Crosswell and Sherman M. Wolff retired after serving 8, 15 and 6 years, respectively, on the board of directors of CenterPoint Energy and predecessor companies.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in
Houston, Texas, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution, competitive natural gas sales and services, interstate pipelines and field services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in
Texas. Assets total more than
$22 billion. With more than 8,700 employees, CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 135 years. For more information, visit the Web site at
For more information contact Media: Leticia Lowe Phone 713.207.7702 Investors: Carla Kneipp Phone 713.207.6500
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts