The Apple (AAPL) partner reported revenue of $425.2 million, a 17% improvement on the prior year's quarter, and well above analysts' estimate of $420.34. Excluding items, Skyworks earned 48 cents a share, up from 42 cents a share in the prior year's quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 47 cents a share.
For the third quarter, Skyworks forecast sales of $435 million and earnings of 53 cents a share, compared to Wall Street's prediction of $443.16 million and 52 cents a share.
Skyworks shares gained 1.95% to reach $22.45 in extended trading."As our better than seasonal results and growth outlook demonstrate, Skyworks is gaining margin-rich content and share across mobile applications while capitalizing on adjacent home automation, networking, medical, smart grid and machine-to-machine vertical markets," wrote David Aldrich, the Skyworks CEO, in a statement released after market close. The semiconductor specialist, which is one of TheStreet's Breakout Stocks, has two power amplifiers within Apple's iPhone 5. The Woburn, Mass.-based firm had one power amplifier within the iPhone 4S. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV