DALLAS, April 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Builders FirstSource, Inc. (Nasdaq:BLDR), a leading supplier and manufacturer of structural and related building products for residential new construction in the United States, today reported its results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Highlights include the following (see financial schedules for more information, including non-GAAP reconciliations):
- First quarter 2013 sales increased 45.7 percent to $319.7 million, when compared to first quarter 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the current quarter was $5.4 million, a $7.5 million improvement when compared to an Adjusted EBITDA loss of ($2.1) million for the first quarter of 2012.
Commenting on the company's results, Floyd Sherman, Builders FirstSource Chief Executive Officer said, "I am very pleased to start our fiscal year with such strong financial results, as we ended the first quarter with over $319 million in sales and improved our Adjusted EBITDA by $7.5 million. We were able to achieve topline growth of greater than 30 percent for a sixth consecutive quarter." Mr. Sherman added, "Our sales increase once again exceeded the increase in residential construction activity, as actual single-family housing starts in the South Region increased 27.4 percent and single-family units under construction increased 23.2 percent."Chad Crow, Builders FirstSource Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, added, "Though our sales growth for the quarter was very positive, the commodity lumber price inflation we experienced during the quarter once again placed significant downward pressure on gross margins. Subsequent to setting first quarter customer pricing in late December, commodity lumber prices increased 20 percent through the end of the first quarter. While we were able to obtain price increases from many of our customers during the quarter, they were not enough to offset the continued commodity price inflation. For the quarter, we estimate commodity lumber inflation negatively impacted gross margin by 1.8 percentage points."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV