Joblessness Off In Mich., In All 17 Labor Markets
LANSING, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ Michigan says that the seasonally unadjusted unemployment rate is down statewide and in all 17 major labor markets.
The Department of Technology, Management & Budget released the March figures Thursday, showing the statewide unemployment rate at 8.8 percent. That's down 0.4 percentage points from February and 0.8 points from March 2012.
The populous Detroit-area job market accounts for about half the state's workforce, and its unemployment rate fell down 0.3 percentage points to 9.9 percent from February to March.
The lowest rate in the March report was for Ann Arbor at 5.1 percent. The highest was for the northeastern Lower Peninsula at 13.1 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV