CLEVELAND, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In a ceremony at the offices of nonprofit venture development organization JumpStart Inc. ( www.jumpstartinc.org), nine Northeast Ohio entrepreneurial companies were recognized as new members of the Charter One Launch100 Leadership Circle. The Circle, which was established in 2012, recognizes diverse entrepreneurs committed to turning their business ideas into some of the region's most impactful companies. Ken Marblestone, President, Charter One and RBS Citizens, announced the following 2013 Charter One Launch100 Leadership Circle honorees:
- Amplified Wind Solutions ( Niki Zmij, CEO)
- Body Phyx ( Anthony Palladino, CEO; Jeanne O'Malley, CTO)
- Design Flux Technologies ( Courtney Gras, President)
- King J Transportation ( Shaquita Graham, CEO)
- On Demand Interpretation Services (Colleen O'Toole, Founder & President)
- OrthoData ( Ric Navarro, President & CEO)
- Renter's BOOM ( Lindsay Sims, Founder & CEO)
- SafeCare ( Lissette Rivera, Founder)
- Wahconah Group ( Isaac Crawford, CEO)
"While the technologies these companies are developing are all very different--medical devices, alternative energy solutions and game-changing digital platforms, among other things—the entrepreneurs behind them all have one very important thing in common," says Darrin Redus, JumpStart's Chief Economic Inclusion Officer. "They've taken the initiative to start businesses with the potential to generate significant jobs and wealth for the region."
The 2013 class joins the members of last year's inaugural Launch100 Leadership Circle in forming a regional peer network of high-growth minority- and women-led companies. "Inclusively supporting tomorrow's brightest business leaders is truly one of the best ways for the nation to ramp up its economic competitiveness," Redus says.