World Bank And Alcantara Focus Attention On The Environment
MILAN, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The World Bank and Alcantara, the Italian producer of high-end material for car interiors and the fashion industry, recently sponsored a series of panel discussions to focus attention on issues related to climate change and sustainability.
Entitled "Alcantara Dialogues - Connect4Climate: Re-think, Re-Design, Re-new," the program was co-hosted by the World Bank's Connect4Climate (C4C) initiative and Alcantara, a 100 percent carbon-neutral company.
The discussion series featured leaders from the worlds of design, architecture, fashion, global advocacy, entertainment, and the arts and took place at the Temporary Museum for New Design during Milan Design Week ( April 9-14).Panelists included: Corrado Clini, Italian Minister of the Environment; Cyril Muller, World Bank vice president for External Affairs; film producer Donald Ranvaud; Franca Sozzani, Vogue Italia editor-in-chief; Betty Williams, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate; and Kenny Young, Grammy Award-winning songwriter and founder of Artists Project Earth (APE). The high-level discussions were moderated by Joseph Grima, editor of Domus; Eliza Anyangwe, senior content coordinator for the Guardian; Zoe Fox, content coordinator from Mashable, and MTV-host Izzy Lawrence. The high-profile dialogues took place in a pavilion designed by internationally-renowned architect Giulio Cappellini using Alcantara materials to create an innovative sensory experience. The space also featured a C4C exhibition of climate stories and images from around the world. The Alcantara-World Bank program was designed to stimulate conversations by thought-leaders from a wide variety of disciplines to create greater understanding for how sustainable design and business practices can impact social behavior to mitigate climate change.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV