Nearest Resistance: $64
Nearest Support: $60
Meanwhile, Qualcomm (QCOM) is getting sold off this afternoon after mixed earnings announced last night rubbed Wall Street the wrong way. Even though earnings and revenues were up for QCOM, the firm's forecasts for next quarter disappointed investors enough to bid down shares by nearly 6% today.>>5 Hated Earnings Stocks That Deserve Your Love Technically, Qualcomm's gap down is significant because it pushed shares down below their closest support level at $64. Now that level is likely to start acting like a price ceiling for shares. At this point, QCOM is sitting about halfway in between that newfound resistance level and its nearest semblance of support at $60. If you're looking for an entry in this chipmaker, I'd recommend holding out until QCOM gets closer to $60. Buyers should wait to make sure shares can still catch a bid at that level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV