DEERFIELD, Ill., April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Laphroaig ® Distillery, home of the world's most richly flavored Scotch Whisky, was recently declared a 2013 Drammie Award winner and named " Best Distillery Tour" by an independent panel of whisky enthusiasts around the globe. The prestigious award salutes the Distillery's commitment to its more than 200-year-old heritage and recognizes the authentic tour experience it brings to guests year round.
"It is an honor to be named the Best Distillery Tour for the second year in a row by fans of Scotch whisky," said John Campbell, Laphroaig Distillery Manager. "Our Distillery is more than just a production facility, it is a home to more than 500,000 Friends of Laphroaig, and we celebrate their passion for our brand each and every day. Our Visitor Center brings Laphroaig's rich history and heritage to life while showcasing our unique whisky-making process from start to finish."
"With more than 5,000 votes cast this year, from eight different countries around the world, the team at the Laphroaig Visitor Center has clearly put together an experience that resonates very favorably with the whisky enthusiast visiting distilleries," said Doug Stone, Founder and CEO of ForWhiskeyLovers.com, which hosts the Drammie Awards.
The Laphroaig Distillery offers a range of experiences for those who visit, including:
- Traditional Distillery Tour – Learn about the Laphroaig ® Scotch whisky process while experiencing the sights, sounds and smells of the distillery. The one-hour tour concludes with a taste of an award-winning Laphroaig expression.
- Friends of Laphroaig ® Tour – Enjoy a self-guided walking tour, allowing Friends of Laphroaig to scout their personal plot of land.
- Flavor Tasting – Join an experienced Laphroaig host in the Friends of Laphroaig lounge for a whisky tasting. Matching familiar expressions with food, this interactive experience will showcase different flavors within each dram.
- Distiller's Wares – Enjoy a guided tour of the unique Laphroaig production process. After learning about the effects of maturation, taste the results straight from the cask and bottle your favorite. Guests sample whisky straight from a selection of casks in the warehouse room and bottle their favorite expression.
- Water to Whisky – The most involved whisky experience available. After meeting at the Distillery to put on wellies (provided), this experience starts with a walk to the water source for Laphroaig where you will enjoy a picnic lunch with a dram of Laphroaig cut with water straight from the source. A short drive will then take you to the peat banks where guests will be challenged to cut peat by hand before being awarded with the next dram. Back at the distillery, the malt on the floor will be turned and the fire stoked before visiting the rest of the distillery. Taste the whisky straight from the cask and take the opportunity to bottle your favorite. This experience lasts more than four hours and runs mid-week, March – September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV