One under-$10 stock that's trending very close to trigger a near-term breakout trade is Antares Pharma (ATRS), which is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing and commercializing self-administered parenteral pharmaceutical products and technologies and topical gel-based products. This stock has been moving higher in 2013, with shares up by 12.4%.
If you take a look at the chart for Antares Pharma, you'll notice that this stock is bouncing sharply to the upside today right off its 50-day moving average of $3.53 a share. This move has started to push shares of ATRS above a key downtrend line that has been acting as resistance for the stock since February. Shares of ATRS are also starting to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $3.63 to $3.71 a share. That move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering another major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV