(Updates from 1:51 p.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tesla Motors (TSLA) was popping 2.87% to $51.88 after chief Elon Musk tweeted the electric car maker is going to unveil a new strategy tomorrow, adding "owners will like this."
Vodafone (VOD) shares were higher by 2.82% to $30.43 after a Reuters report said Verizon (VZ) hired advisers in advance of a potential $100 billion cash and stock bid to acquire the 45% of Verizon Wireless it doesn't already own. Verizon was rising 2.3% to $52.99.
Qualcomm (QCOM) shares fell more than 6% to $61.95 after the mobile chip giant said third-quarter guidance would be weaker than forecast. Equinix (EQIX) shares fell 1.79% to $212.50 after the data center company reported first-quarter earnings that missed estimates and guided revenue below expectations.
Closing prices: TSLA closed 3.1% higher at $52, VOD was up 2.8% to $30.43 and ZNGA was 6.5% higher at $3.13. QCOM fell 5.4% to $62.44 while EQIX closed 1.3% lower at $213.51. Follow @atwtse
-- Written by Andrea Tse in New York >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV