Report Shows Record 18 Million Mobile Barcode Scans In Q1 2013
NEW YORK, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Scanbuy, Inc., the leading mobile engagement solutions provider, today released its quarterly trend report showing mobile users conducted more than 18 million scans of QR Codes and UPC mobile barcodes in Q1 2013. The month of March 2013 garnered more than 6.7 million scans alone, the highest-generating month registered since the report began in 2009.
"Mobile engagement is on the rise," said Mike Wehrs, CEO and President of Scanbuy. "Marketers and brands are continuing to strategically integrate commercial grade QR Codes into their campaigns, providing consumers with relevant and timely content that lead to consumer loyalty, relationship cultivation and transactions, as well as gaining business intelligence for creating long-lasting customer engagements."
Scanbuy's Q1 2013 Trend Report highlights the following statistics:
- More men scan mobile barcodes, accounting for 65% of the scans, with women accounting for 35% of the scans
- 57% of scans came from the Android OS compared to 41% on Apple iOS devices
- McDonalds, Publix, Tim Hortons, Kohls and Coca-Cola were the most "liked" brands according to data from the ScanLife app
- The United States ranks highest in volume of scans, followed by Spain, France and Brazil, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV