SRE, ETR And D, 3 Utilities Stocks Pushing The Sector Lower
2. As of noon trading, Entergy ( ETR) is down $0.84 (-1.2%) to $69.28 on average volume Thus far, 764,256 shares of Entergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $68.85-$70.19 after having opened the day at $70.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.12. Entergy Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the electric power production and retail electric distribution operations in the United States. The company generates electricity through various sources, such as gas/oil, nuclear, coal, and hydro power. Entergy has a market cap of $12.4 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Entergy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Entergy Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts