3. As of noon trading, Medtronic ( MDT) is up $0.73 (1.57) to $47.12 on light volume Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.46-$47.20 after having opened the day at $46.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.39. Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. Medtronic has a market cap of $47.2 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Medtronic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Medtronic Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts