MINNEAPOLIS, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Furthering its commitment to nourish children's bodies and minds, Cheerios ® is expanding its Spoonfuls of Stories ® to reach older kids for the first time in the history of the 11-year program.
As it has for the past decade, Cheerios ® Spoonfuls of Stories ® will provide eight million bilingual children's books free inside specially marked cereal boxes. In addition, 3 million chapter books for older children will be included in specially marked boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios ® for the very first time.
"Over the last decade we've seen how excited young children are to discover picture books in a box of Cheerios," said Meredith Tutterow, Cheerios marketing associate director. "That's why we're thrilled to expand this program to reach older children with chapter books in Honey Nut Cheerios. We hope parents and children will simply spend time together enjoying these books."Under the umbrella of General Mills, the Cheerios team is also making a $300,000 donation to First Book. First Book is a nonprofit social enterprise that, like Cheerios, recognizes that lack of access to books is the greatest barrier to success in school and in life. Since Spoonfuls of Stories' inception in 2002, Cheerios has distributed more than 70 million free children's books inside boxes and donated more than $4.1 million to First Book. The four chapter books included inside specially marked Honey Nut Cheerios ® boxes are part of Academy Award winner William Joyce's "The Guardians of Childhood" series:
- "Toothiana, Battle Is Waged"
- "Toothiana, Tooth is Lost"
- "Toothiana, Panic Sets In"
- "Toothiana, A Queen Takes Flight"
- "Dream Away" by Julia Durango
- "Where is Home, Little Pip?" by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
- "Digby Takes Charge" by Caroline Jayne Church
- "Say What" by Angela DiTerlizzi
- "All the Water in the World" by George Ella Lyon and Katherine Tillotson
- New Author Contest winner "The Lost (and found) Balloon" by Celeste Jenkins
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV