We're seeing the exact same setup in shares of Dollar Tree (DLTR) right now. Like Sands, Dollar Tree has nearly doubled the S&P 500's rally since the calendar flipped over to 2013 -- and now it's pointing to a move to even higher ground thanks to an ascending triangle pattern.
For DLTR, the resistance level to watch is $48.50. Once shares push up through that resistance level, traders have a buy signal in this discount retail stock. With shares edging extremely close to that $48.50 breakout level today, that buy signal could come very quickly. If you're thinking about building a position in this stock, I'd recommend keeping a close eye on DLTR in today's session.Momentum adds some extra confirmation to the price action in DLTR here: 14-day RSI has maintained a stable uptrend since all the way back in November. Since momentum is a leading indicator of price, that bodes very well for DLTR this week. Still, it's crucial to actually wait for $48.50 to get taken out before you put your money on the line. Until then, this isn't a high-probability trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV