Las Vegas Sands
Up first is gaming stock Las Vegas Sands (LVS), a stock that's been churning out some stellar performance this year. Shares of the $45 billion casino resort operator have rallied more than 18% year-to-date -- and now a bullish setup on the chart points to even more upside in the second quarter of 2013.
LVS is currently forming an ascending triangle pattern, a bullish price setup that consists of a horizontal resistance level above shares and an uptrending support level to the downside. As LVS bounces in between those two technical levels, it's been getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above that resistance level at $56. When that happens, traders have a buy signal for shares.The 50-day moving average has been acting as a decent proxy for support over the course of the pattern (even if it's been a conservative one). If you decide to take this trade once LVS moves through $56, I'd recommend keeping a protective stop right on the other side of the 50-day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV