- Six-time Olympian Clara Hughes to ride her bike coast to coast to coast to talk about mental health with schools and community organizations in every province and territory
- Starting next March 2014, Clara's Big Ride for Bell Let's Talk will span more than 100 days and 12,000 kilometres - concluding in Ottawa on Canada Day 2014
- Clara's Big Ride for Bell Let's Talk is supported by leading mental health organizations and National Partners BMO, Canadian Tire, Samsung and CTV
GATINEAU, QC, April 25, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today announced Clara's Big Ride for Bell Let's Talk, a national bicycle tour by Clara Hughes in support of mental health that begins in March 2014 and spans more than 100 days, 12,000 kilometres and every province and territory of Canada. The ride culminates on Canada Day, July 1 2014, in Ottawa.
Canada's six-time Olympic cycling and speed-skating medallist and national spokesperson for the Bell Let's Talk mental health initiative, Clara will invite people in communities around the country to the mental health discussion, sharing her own story of a struggle with depression during her athletic career.
"I'm incredibly excited about bringing even more Canadians into the Bell Let's Talk conversation - the schools, community groups and hometown champions that are really moving mental health forward," said Clara. "I'm looking forward to meeting people across Canada, hearing about their challenges and successes, sharing our stories and embracing new ideas and opportunities in mental health. I can't think of a better way to meet people, from the cities to the coasts to Canada's North, than getting on my bike and taking to the roads of this beautiful country."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts