Carville And Matalin Working On Joint Memoir
By HILLEL ITALIE
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ James Carville and Mary Matalin, political rivals and personal bedfellows, are collaborating on a book in which they will again agree to disagree.
The longtime strategists have a deal with Blue Rider Press for a memoir with the working title "You Can Go Home Again." Officials with Blue Rider, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA), told The Associated Press on Thursday that the book is scheduled for release in 2014.
Carville, a Democrat, and Matalin, a Republican, previously worked together on the 1993 release "All's Fair." Blue Rider is billing them as "the nation's best-known, most annoying, intensely rabid, romantically mismatched, and provocative political couple.""The heart of the book will be insights on culture and politics from two unique perspectives: Mine counterbalanced by one that is opposite and wrong," Matalin said in a statement issued by Blue Rider. "I love my wife, my family, LSU football, the Nats, the Saints and politics," Carville added. "In this book I'll talk about 4 of those 6 things I'm an expert on." According to Blue Rider, the book "will be written in two alternating and distinct voices" as Matalin and Carville share political war stories, their takes on current and past events and how they managed to stay married for 20 years and raise two children. Matalin and Carville were represented by Washington attorney Robert Barnett, whose bipartisan list of authors includes Democrats Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and Republicans George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV