5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Blackstone Group (NYSE: BX) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.90%. The Blackstone Group L.P., together with its subsidiaries, provides alternative asset management and financial advisory services worldwide. It operates in five segments: Private Equity, Real Estate, Hedge Fund Solutions, Credit Businesses, and Financial Advisory. The company has a P/E ratio of 49.44. The average volume for Blackstone Group has been 5,263,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Blackstone Group has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 32% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Blackstone Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 35.20% is the gross profit margin for BLACKSTONE GROUP LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.44% is above that of the industry average.
- BLACKSTONE GROUP LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BLACKSTONE GROUP LP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.40 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.26 versus $0.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 187.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $58.33 million to $167.64 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 163.63% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.63% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV