5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Pitney Bowes (NYSE: PBI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.20%. Pitney Bowes Inc. provides software, hardware, and services to enable physical and digital communications in the United States and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.81. The average volume for Pitney Bowes has been 3,695,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pitney Bowes has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the consumer durables industry. Shares are up 38.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pitney Bowes as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, PITNEY BOWES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $220.56 million or 29.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PITNEY BOWES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.77%.
- The gross profit margin for PITNEY BOWES INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.10%. Regardless of PBI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PBI's net profit margin of 8.57% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- PITNEY BOWES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PITNEY BOWES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.18 versus $1.98 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 11.9% in earnings ($1.92 versus $2.18).
- You can view the full Pitney Bowes Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV