DEARBORN, Mich., April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Spirit of innovation that guided company founder Henry Ford embraced by next generation at Ford "Take Our Children to Work Day"
- Unique activities at Ford Research and Innovation Center enable the children of Ford engineers and scientists to experience how subjects like math and science are used to create new vehicle technologies
Hundreds of children turned out today at Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), as part of "Take Our Children to Work Day," to see how the subjects they study in school are used to help create the vehicles they see on the road.
Ford President and Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally participated in the day's activities by hosting a town hall discussion with employees' children at Ford's Conference and Event Center. Mulally led a discussion on the children's impressions of Ford, and answered their questions about the company's vehicles and the automotive industry.
The town hall was followed by a special luncheon for the children. It was one of several "Take Our Children to Work Day" events Ford held.At Ford's Research and Innovation Center, the nerve center that generates many of the company's future technologies, a unique program allowed the children to experience various laboratories and conduct scientific experiments, including:
- Engineering a way to keep an egg safe in a crash, mirroring testing tools used by Ford crash safety engineers to design vehicles
- Using human motion measurement, seen in popular video games, to develop cars
- Learning how the extremely cold temperature of liquid nitrogen drastically changes the mechanical properties of materials by experimenting with common objects
- Peering through light and electron microscopes that magnify up to 400,000 times to look at objects in a new way
- Exploring a multifunctional seat prototype that responds to voice commands
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV