DUBLIN, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FLY Leasing Limited (NYSE: FLY) ("FLY"), a global lessor of modern commercial jet aircraft, today announced that it has acquired a 2013 manufactured Boeing 737-800 aircraft on a 12-year lease to a leading low-cost carrier in Asia. The acquisition was funded with a combination of FLY's unrestricted cash and the $250 million aircraft acquisition facility that was closed in November 2012.
"The B737-800 is an excellent commercial aircraft in strong global demand and this acquisition makes it the 38th B737 Next Generation aircraft in FLY's fleet," said Colm Barrington, CEO of FLY. "Following the sale of nine older aircraft in the first quarter, the addition of this new aircraft demonstrates our focus on improving and renewing the fleet. FLY has substantial resources available for growth, with approximately $220 million of remaining availability in our aircraft acquisition facility and a significant balance of unrestricted cash."
"We will continue to focus on our strategy of acquiring young, modern and popular commercial jet aircraft, leased to a diverse group of global airlines," added Barrington.
About FLYFLY acquires and leases modern, high-demand and fuel-efficient commercial jet aircraft under multi-year operating lease contracts to a diverse group of airlines throughout the world. FLY is managed and serviced by BBAM LP, one of the world's leading aircraft lease managers with more than 20 years of experience. For more information, please visit www.flyleasing.com. Contact: Matt DallasFLY Leasing Limited+1 203-769-5916 email@example.com SOURCE FLY Leasing Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV