PLEASANTON, Calif., April 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:HAWK), a majority-owned subsidiary of Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY), today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 23, 2013. The financial results are consistent with the estimates included in Blackhawk's prospectus filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with its initial public offering.
GAAP financial results for the first quarter of 2013 compared to the first quarter of 2012
- Operating revenues totaled $185.1 million, an increase of 22.1% from $151.5 million for the quarter ended March 24, 2012. This increase was due primarily to an increase in load value of 23.0%, partially offset by a 20 basis point (0.2 percentage point) decline in commissions and fees as a percentage of load value, which is within the range of historical quarterly fluctuations experienced in fiscal year 2012.
- Net income totaled $0.3 million compared to $2.9 million for the quarter ended March, 24, 2012. The change was due primarily to an increase in distribution partner commissions paid as a percentage of commissions and fees, increased marketing expenses net of marketing revenues and increased distribution partner program development expenses.
- Earnings per basic and diluted share was $0.01 compared to $0.06 for the quarter ended March 24, 2012.
Non-GAAP financial results for the first quarter of 2013 compared to the first quarter of 2012
- Adjusted operating revenues totaled $89.1 million compared to $73.8 million for the quarter ended March 24, 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA totaled $7.4 million compared to $9.9 million for the quarter ended March 24, 2012.
- Adjusted net income totaled $1.9 million compared to $4.0 million for the quarter ended March 24, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV