INDIANAPOLIS, April 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spartan Chassis, a subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPAR), will showcase a Concept Utility Vehicle today through Saturday at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) in Indianapolis, Ind., where the company is presenting a variety of new technologies and price/performance breakthroughs for emergency response professionals. The versatile vehicle, featured at FDIC booth 2510, can be configured in a variety of ways for emergency response and law enforcement departments, according to Dennis Schneider, President of Spartan Emergency Response.
"Spartan products are built to perform under extreme situations," said Schneider. "With a focus on price first, and then great performance, this concept utility vehicle, is part of our breakthrough lineup of products that reset the value equation in emergency response. They can be easily configured for a variety of applications from SWAT and forensics for police to hazmat, rescue, command or utility for the fire service."
This Concept Utility Vehicle illustrates the capabilities of Spartan Motors, Inc. (SMI) – the parent organization to Spartan Chassis – with sister companies that produce similar units in much higher production volumes, SMI offers economies of scale that enable remarkably lower price points in the emergency response market. In addition, these Utility Vehicles developed to serve adjacent specialty vehicle markets, are designed and engineered to withstand demanding duty cycles. These Utility Vehicles from Spartan Chassis are field proven.The Concept Utility Vehicle will be featured today, Friday and Saturday at Spartan Chassis' booth at FDIC. The Utility Vehicle, which can be upfitted by dealers or OEMs, is targeted to hit the market at less than $150,000. Spartan Motors' business strategy is embodied in The Spartan D.R.I.V.E. Plan, a five-point business approach. D.R.I.V.E.
- Diversified Growth
- Redefining Technology and Innovation, Develop Exciting Products Value
- Integration of the Enterprise to Achieve Operational Improvement
- Vibrant Culture
- Extend Our Core Markets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV