Little Moments. Big Memories.
COBS Bread celebrates Big Brothers Big Sisters 100 th anniversary with scone fundraiser
VANCOUVER, April 25, 2013 /CNW/ - Each spring, COBS Bread and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada (BBBS) host a joint promotional campaign to raise funds and awareness for BBBS. This year, BBBS is turning 100; COBS has created a new Carrot Cake Scone and is hosting a fundraising weekend on May 4 and 5 to celebrate.
Celebrate with us On Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5, COBS will be celebrating BBBS by donating 50¢ from every scone purchased to local BBBS agencies. Many bakeries are joined by Big and Little Brothers and Sisters and offer a wide variety of activities and treats. Additionally, COBS will be donating 50¢ for every Facebook share and retweet of their COBS + BBBS image which will be found on their Facebook and Twitter page.
Little Moments. Big Memories. COBS and BBBS partner to promote the 'big' need for more Big Brother and Big Sister volunteer mentors and the value of youth mentoring. To kick off its centennial year, BBBS released the initial results of one of the largest mentoring studies ever conducted. Key findings include:
- Girls with a Big Sister are four times less likely to bully, fight, lie or express anger than girls without a mentor.
- Mentored boys are also two times less likely than non-mentored boys to develop negative conducts like bullying, fighting, lying, cheating, losing their temper or expressing anger.
- Boys with a Big Brother are two times more likely to believe that school is fun and that doing well academically is important.
- 42 per cent of bullied Canadians believe they would have benefited from having a volunteer mentor, such as a Big Sister or Big Brother, to provide support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV