To access the conference call live, please dial:
|US: +1 631 621 5256|
|UK: +44 (0) 1452 560 304|
|Russia: 8 10 800 23942044|
A replay of the call will be available until May 2, 2013. To access the replay, please dial:
|US: +1 866 247 4222|
|Russia/International: +44 (0) 1452 550 000|
A live and archived webcast of this conference call will be available at http://ir.yandex.com/eventdetail.cfm?eventid=127979
ABOUT YANDEXYandex (Nasdaq:YNDX) is one of the largest European internet companies, providing the world with search and online services one market at a time. Yandex's mission is to help users solve their everyday problems by building people-centric products and services. Based on innovative technologies, the company provides the most relevant, locally tailored experience on all digital platforms and devices. Yandex is the leading search service in Russia and also serves Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan. More information on Yandex can be found at http://company.yandex.com . FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These include statements regarding our anticipated revenues for full-year 2013. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted or implied by such statements, and our reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. The potential risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from the results predicted or implied by such statements include, among others, competitive pressures, changes in advertising patterns, changes in user preferences, changes in the legal and regulatory environment, technological developments, and our need to expend capital to accommodate the growth of the business, as well as those risks and uncertainties included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Operating and Financial Review and Prospects" in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2012, which is on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is available on our investor relations website at http://ir.yandex.com/sec.cfm and on the SEC website at www.sec.gov . All information in this release and in the attachments is as of April 25, 2013, and Yandex undertakes no duty to update this information unless required by law. USE OF NON-GAAP FINANCIAL MEASURES To supplement our consolidated financial statements, which are prepared and presented in accordance with US GAAP, we present the following non-GAAP financial measures: ex-TAC revenue, adjusted EBITDA, adjusted EBITDA margin, adjusted ex-TAC EBITDA margin, adjusted net income, adjusted net income margin and adjusted ex-TAC net income margin. The presentation of these financial measures is not intended to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for, or superior to, the financial information prepared and presented in accordance with US GAAP. For more information on these non-GAAP financial measures, please see the tables captioned "Reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the nearest comparable US GAAP measures", included following the accompanying financial tables. We define the various non-GAAP financial measures we use as follows:
- Ex-TAC revenue means US GAAP revenues less total traffic acquisition costs (TAC).
- Adjusted EBITDA means net income plus (1) depreciation and amortization, (2) share-based compensation expense, (3) accrual of expense related to the contingent compensation that may be payable to employees in connection with our acquisition of the mobile software business of SPB Software and (4) provision for income taxes, less (A) interest income and (B) other income/(expense).
- Adjusted EBITDA margin means adjusted EBITDA divided by US GAAP revenues.
- Adjusted ex-TAC EBITDA margin means adjusted EBITDA divided by ex-TAC revenue.
- Adjusted net income means US GAAP net income plus (1) SBC expense adjusted for the income tax reduction attributable to SBC expense, (2) accrual of expense related to the contingent compensation that may be payable to certain employees in connection with our acquisition of the mobile software business of SPB Software, and (3) foreign exchange losses (less foreign exchange gains) adjusted for the (reduction) increase in income tax attributable to the foreign exchange losses (gains); less gain from the sale of equity investments.
- Adjusted net income margin means adjusted net income divided by US GAAP revenues.
- Adjusted ex-TAC net income margin means adjusted net income divided by ex-TAC revenues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV